Protective ultra high-temperature jacket for polyimide (PI) coated fibers with applications in the extended temperature range of −100 °C to +260 °C
The ultra high-temperature jacket can be combined with a wide range of existing fiber designs. Itsadvantages are best exploited in combination with polyimide-coated fibers – including fiber bundles. In addition, UHTJ also offers a non-conductive surface that is well-suited to use in EMC applications. Since the material does not outgas, it is also suitable for applications in a vacuum. The ultra high-temperature jacket is easily strippable with a modest amount of force and has flawless edges. This makes fibers very easy to process. Within the specified temperature range, UHTJ is a low-cost alternative to metal coatings and can replace existing fibers.
Please talk to us about options for custom cables combined with the new ultra high-temperature jacket – we will be happy to work with you on a solution tailored to your application.
Benefits of the ultra high-temperature jacket (UHTJ) at a glance:
- Excellent mechanical properties
- Very low coefficient of friction
- Excellent strippability
- Outstanding resistance to chemical degradation
- Self-extinguishing, flame retardant
- Non-conductive surface (EMC)
- Low-cost alternative to metal coatings (aluminum, gold)
- Fiber type
- Ultra high-temperature jacket color
- Choice of assembly as cable or fiber bundle
Fields of use:
- FBG sensors
- Process analysis
- Energy (oil and gas)
Interested in our ultra high-temperature jacket? Contact us for your individual offer: email@example.com.