Fiber optical splitters for multimode applications
LEONI Fiber Optics utilizes a photolithographic chip technology to develop and produce planar lightwave circuits (PLC).
Your advantages at a glance
- Broadband transmission spectrum from 400 nm to 1,700 nm
- Extremely low backscattering (important for metrology applications)
- Low insertion loss
- High reproducibility
- Good uniformity for the individual outputs
- Customer-specific input/output ratios
- Customer-specific connector variants
- Customer-specific housing designs
- Multimode splitters for 50 µm, 62.5 µm, 100 µm, and 200 µm
- Standard splitters (available for sample inquiries – see ordering options)
- PLC designs available as standard
- Feasible PLC designs
- We are happy to develop new, customer-specific designs. The number of inputs can be varied here. The number of outputs must be a power of 2 (2, 4, 8, 16, 32,…).
- Very low insertion losses
- High uniformity
- High extinction rate
- Lowest POL
- Widest bandwidth (780–1,060 nm and
- Small, rugged metal housing
- Any fiber assembly
- Exceptional long-term stability – tested to Telcordia GR 1209 and 1221
|Waveguide diameter||Input x output||Standard connectors|
|50 µm||1x2, 2x2||LC|
1x2, 2x2, 1x4
A PLC consists of a chip and two fiber arrays. The chip is the primary component in any PLC. The chip contains the waveguide structures that are needed to combine and/or split the waveguides. The fiber array affixed to the chip front connects the chip inputs and outputs with the fibers. This flexible technology means that almost any input/output ratio is feasible (see product portfolio).
Please contact us for further information. We look forward to your inquiry.
Phone +86 519-8988-7783
North and South America
Phone +1 757-258-4805