For use with high levels of radiation
Radiation-hard multimode and singlemode fibers have been specially developed for applications involving greater exposure to radiation – such as aerospace – and to enable reliable data transmission under these demanding environmental conditions.
As an approved MIL-STD 790 supplier to the U.S. Defense Logistics Agency, we also offer our singlemode and multimode fibers according to the MIL-PRF specification for use in radiation-threatened environments.
Your advantages at a glance
- Fibers fulfil or exceed the quality standards ITU G.651/ITU G.652 and IEC 60793-2-10/IEC 60793-2-50, and are tested and approved to the MIL-PRF-49291 standard
- 100% quality inspection according to IEC 60793-1
- High radiation hardness, especially against continuous gamma irradiation
- Compatibility with all standardized graded-index multimode and singlemode fibers
- Outstanding splice properties plus compatibility with installed fiber networks and photonic components
- Available with a coating diameter of 250 µm or 500 µm
- Radiation-hard graded-index multimode fibers: 50/125, 62.5/125
- Radiation-hard singlemode fibers: 09/125
- 250 µm and 500 µm coating
- Compatibility with all standard multimode and standard singlemode fibers
- Suitable for harsh environments, high temperatures (for optional coatings, see ordering options)
- Colored and ring-marked (optional)