- Homogeneous light distribution
- Customer-specific cable types are possible
- Various fiber cross-sections for optimal bending and lighting properties
- Small bending radiuses
- No photodarkening
- Small fiber core diameters for especially fine lines
- Large fiber core diameters for more intense effects
- Any color can be shown (depending on light source)
- Core diameter 100 µm – 1,250 µm
- Outer diameter from 400 µm
- Individual geometries for outer material (round, flat, etc.)
- NA 0.37 to 0.49
- Operating temperature −40 °C to +150 °C
- Cooperation during pre-development and the final product design phase
- Product modifications and customer-specific solutions
- Ultrapure Fused Silica
- Suitable for RGB LEDs, laser light sources, and many more
- Can be laid underwater
- Chemical resistance
How can product design be utilized as a differentiator in competitive markets? By using filigree lines of light in the final product, for example. To achieve this, BU Fiber Optics has developed an optical fiber in-house that emits light in all directions: this fiber creates an almost unlimited number of opportunities for ambient lighting and new approaches to product design.
AmbientFiber is characterized by its uniform emission of light at 360° across the entire length of the fiber – in contrast to a more punctiform LED illumination. The core of the optical fiber is Fused Silica, which works to prevent any discoloration effects or undesirable reactions to incident sunlight.
AmbientFiber can be used in a huge range of applications: in the automotive industry (interior and exterior lighting), in interior and emergency lighting applications for aircraft, ocean-going vessels and trains, in the field of automation and drives as a visual feedback system, and for building illumination in architecture and infrastructure. In the field of electrical appliances, AmbientFiber could be used to develop light-effect cables for electrical devices or illuminated charging cables. Interesting product developments are also possible in the wearables industry, which manufactures intelligent textiles and accessories that include illuminated hi-vis vests, footwear, and many more. When used with miniaturized sensors, AmbientFiber is also capable of indicating changes in temperature, pressure or humidity.
What is your AmbientFiber application?
Please contact us for further information. We look forward to your inquiry.
Phone +86 519-8988-7783
North and South America
Phone +1 757-258-4805